Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:02:00 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Request for review, rc.d-related updates for handbook

--=-s/zHQbrwJ13U+QFpaF7a

Doug Barton p=ED=B9e v po 16. 01. 2006 v 18:12 -0800:

> I've gone through the handbook and updated a few areas related to the rc.=
> new world order, and would appreciate review, especially for style, of my
> patch, since it's been a while since I've done anything beyond simple doc=
 work.

> http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/doc-rc.d.diff

Watch whitespace, you converted leading tab to eight-spaces on one
place.

+	<link linkend=3D"configtuning-rcd">rcd</link> section,
perhaps ">rc.d</link> instead?

Regarding Porter's Handbook patch, what's wrong with opening the text
with "Startup scripts"? It's general text and more clear to reader than
"rc.d scripts". Wtf are "rc.d scripts". Don't use term before you
explain it.

+ <literal>%%X11BASE%%</literal> macros is strongly encouraged as well.
I'm not sure these are really "macros" - they are more expansions or
replacements.

-      <para>Integration with &man.rcorder.8; is available by using
-	<makevar>USE_RCORDER</makevar> instead of
-	<makevar>USE_RC_SUBR</makevar>.
Why you deleted this block? It's still valid for 6.0-R and older - we do
support ports on older -STABLE branches. Put it back and perhaps add
"Prior to &os; 6.1-RELEASE, " ?

+	and the latter sets one if the variable is unset OR null.
If the OR is ment as an emphasis, use docbook markup instead of capital
letters.

-	  value of <makevar>USE_RC_SUBR</makevar> and
-	  <makevar>USE_RCORDER</makevar> are automatically added to
+	  value of <makevar>USE_RC_SUBR</makevar>
+	  are automatically added to the
Again, why this change?

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Define universe and tell me three examples.

--=-s/zHQbrwJ13U+QFpaF7a
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-s/zHQbrwJ13U+QFpaF7a--