Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:26:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: build errors

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 02:09:33 PST, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback.  I've updated the errors page, please look
> at the following:
>
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/~asami/errorlogs/

The web page is incorrect in its explanation of ``texinfo'' problems. It
says:

| The new makeinfo cannot process a texinfo source file. You can
| probably add a "--force" option to force it through if you are sure
| it's correct regardless of what makeinfo says.

This should be:

The new makeinfo cannot process a texinfo source file. You can probably
add a "--no-validate" option to force it through if you are sure it's
correct regardless of what makeinfo says.

All --force does is prevent makeinfo from deleting what it _did_ manage
to produce if it has a validation problem and dies. It doesn't prevent
makeinfo from dying on validation errors.

Ciao,
Sheldon.