Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 14:49:07 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   symbol ktrgenio undefined, "streams.ko" failed to register!

   Hi gang,

	Okay, I know the

		link_elf: symbol ktrgenio undefined

   is an old issue, but I can't find a reference to clear this up. Not
   that it seems to be hurting anything, but it is annoying.

	Now that I am running 4.3-STABLE, and not a RC version, I am
   getting:

		module_register: module streams already exists!
		linker_file_sysinit "streams.ko" failed to register! 17

   okay,streams.ko is being loaded, kld verified that. Clearly, I have
   a file telling the kernel loader(?) to load steams.ko, and, I am sure,
   I have a directive in the kernel to load the streams driver as well.

	What file is telling the kernel loader, if that is the right
   process, to load streams.ko? Again, it isn't hurting anything, but
   it isn't nice to see.

							Thanks,
							Bruce