Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:38:54 -0600
From:      John Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        ed@80386.nl, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Final sanity pass: xdev

M. Warner Losh wrote at 09:00 -0600 on Mar 13, 2009:
 > In message: <20090313125115.GU31961@hoeg.nl>
 >             Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl> writes:
 > : Hi Warner,
 > :
 > : The last couple of days/weeks I've been working a lot with LLVM+Clang.
 > : I'm currently writing some BSD makefiles to see how hard it is to add
 > : Clang to our base system, as a proof of concept.
 > :
 > : A nice thing about Clang is that it seems to be very easy to compile in
 > : multiple backends into the same Clang binary. If we ever switch to Clang
 > : in the base system (who knows), it would be interesting to see whether
 > : it's useful to just compile in all backends by default.
 > :
 > : Anyway, I took a quick look at the xdev patch and it looks okay. :-)
 >
 > Woot!  Please let me know if it causes problems.

I meant to mention this earlier - OSREL (referenced in the _xi-links:
target) is not defined.  So ports looking for arm-freebsd8.0-cc (for
instance) won't find it.

An earlier patch of yours had:

.if !defined(OSREL)
OSREL!= uname -r | sed -e 's/[-(].*//'
.endif

But the latest (and the one committed) does not.