Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:16:14 +1300
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnomevfs problems

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 05:42:47PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 11:27 +1300, Andrew Thompson wrote:

> > Im sure its local to me and I am grasping at straws to finger
> > gnome-vfs. So far I have recompiled glib and all dependants and also
> > ORBit2 and gnome-vfs.
>
> Yeah, I can't reproduce, and you're the only one thus far to report a
> problem.  What does ktrace report about Firefox while it's hung?

*slaps his forehead*

It seems I still had NIS enabled in my rc.conf while we had
decommissioned it from the network over a month ago. The ktrace showed
that up pretty quickly. I had removed it from nsswitch.conf but gnomevfs
seemed to be still twiddling with it somehow.

All working now, thanks for the help.

Andrew