Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 02:16:49 EST
From:      GRWL63A@prodigy.com (MR FRANKLIN N WEINSTEIN)
To:        Questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Version 2.1 Install

I've been trying to install Free BSD from a CD Rom, and I don't
understand some of the instructions.  I have a DOS based system with
lots of hard drive space.  However, I only want to reserve 100 MB for
Free BSD.  I don't understand whether I have to use the FIPS command
that comes on the CD rom, or if I need to configure a drive using the
FDISK command.

Can you help me to understand how I can do a configuration using the
install system that comes with this disk?  It seems to me as though
using the installation command makes the system reserve all its' free
space for FreeBSD, and like I said, I only want to use about 100 MB.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank Weinstein
Roseville Ca
GRWL63A@Prodigy.com