Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2015 11:09:44 -0600
From:      Sean Eubanks <seanmeu@gmail.com>
To:        office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disappearing icons in Libreoffice 4.3.5_2 GUI

Hello,

A week and a half ago, I performed some long-needed (read: about 4 months
of) updates on the OS (from FreeBSD 10.0 to 10.1) and my installed ports on
my PC. Since then, and even after installing the latest update today, the
GUI for editors/libreoffice is malfunctioning. The icons for the menus
(e.g. File) only show a line instead. If I move the window or move the
mouse cursor over where these icons should be, they'll appear but will
disappear again soon after.

I built editors/libreoffice with x11-toolkits/gtk20. I had tried rebuilding
the port with x11-toolkits/gtk30, but the rebuild did not resolve this
issue. Anyway, I don't think the problem is with either x11-toolkits/gtk20
or x11-toolkits/gtk30 because other applications that use either are not
having this issue.

I found no links to missing libraries using /usr/local/sbin/pkg_libchk.
I've also tried both removing and renaming .config/libreoffice, but the
issue remains unresolved.

Not sure if I've stumbled upon a bug with your port, but if you can suggest
anything else I can try on my end, please let me know.

Thank you for your time,

Sean E