Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:59:11 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Bror 'Count' Heinola" <count@key.hole.fi>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pioneer CD changer problem

J Wunsch taisi sanoa:

> Can you here it swapping the disk in by the same time?  Does it
> continue to fail even after a few attempts?

	Yes, and yes.

> The timeouts in the existing driver are way too short to properly
> handle CD changers.  I've got a Nakamichi on loan to test and fix
> this, but defered all my CD-ROM work until Justin's changes are in the
> tree to avoid massively diverging drivers.  The current way of timeout
> handling sucks rocks, all timeouts are wild guesses, and there's no
> way to centrally maintain them.  Each and every call to
> scsi_scsi_cmd() specifies its own idea of what timeout might be
> appropriate.

	Ah... Well, if it will help anything, I can also loan this
	beast out to someone who can use it to do something useful
	development work.

	Anyways, any pointers to the code where I might go and change
	the current timeout values?

--
Bror 'Count' Heinola	% count@key.hole.fi	% http://pobox.com/~count/
Pengerkatu 13b A5	% IRC: Count NIC: BH271	%