Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:38:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      s.c.sprong@student.utwente.nl
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshfs/nfs cause server lockup

Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com> wrote:
>kris a development on this, someone else posted about a nfs problem
>and reading his post some starkling point he made about network cards,
>he stated he only gets the bug on sis rl and fxp.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think that the 'NFS via TCP' thread
covers other bugs, ie the inability to mount NFS v3 over TCP.

I've tested the cards above, and the person I replied to encountered the
same bug with a bge card. My solution was to remove custom nfs settings
in sysctl.conf. I don't know which one was the culprit because I don't
have the time to look into it further.

My poking uncovered a set of crashing bugs and potentially a livelock.
I would agree that NFS is very fragile in RELENG_6.
So far <fingers crossed> I've not run into an NFS server deadlock you
described.

scs