Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 06:21:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alan Krantz <atk@mathcs.emory.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can I run 2.2.1 or 2.7.1 kernel with 2.0 system ?

Hi, I want to update my system from 2.0 to 2.2.1 but I'm having
problems with a scsi tape drive (need to back up system before I
upgrade). Can i ftp a 2.2.1 or 2.1.7 kernel and use it (with 2.0
utilities and filesystem) to do the backup? If so which of the two
do you recommend and lastly where cani find just the kernels in
binary format (i've looked on the ftp site but can't find them -
I guess i looked in the wrong place). My ssystem is a pent100 with
an ncr scsi controller so there should be no device problems (besides
2.0 runs fine). I've sent email similar to this to Joerg so if he is
on this list I'm sorry for the duplication. The reson I'm in a hurry is
I want to return the tape drive if it won't work with freebsd...

thanks,

Alan