Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:12:01 -0700
From:      Ian Kallen <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mkisofs with long file names?

It turns out that the problem is that some of the recipients of this CD are
using Wintel, which apparently does not read the translation table.  When
this burner is running on a wintel CPU, we burn iso9660 CD's with Corel's
CD Creator and can select long file names... they are readable on wintel
machines and mounted under Unix as iso9660 platters both displaying the
long file names properly.  Any idea what the difference between the flavors
of iso9660 are and how to get mkisofs to use the flavor that the Corel
software uses?  thanks

-Ian