Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:32:21 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base-7 and DNS problems

After installing linux_base-7, my mozilla and netscape linux binaries
no longer resolve hostnames.  It worked ok with the older linux_base.

Is there a fix for this problem?  Is it just something stupid I'm
doing?  I have files /compat/linux/etc/resolv.conf and
/compat/linux/etc/host.conf with the correct information, but no use.

I found an earlier posting by someone playing with updated linux
libraries who faced the same problem, but no fixes on that thread.
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=770400+775379+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-ports/20010902.freebsd-ports
I haven't found any references to it after linux_base-7 appeared...

Thanks

Rahul.