Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 12:56:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect install

John Fieber stands accused of saying:

> > Before you start installing xwp, do the following :
> >
> > touch /dev/socksys
> > symlink /dev/X0R to /dev/null
> > symlink /dev/ipx to /dev/null
> > setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0
> > (you may have to replace 'localhost' with the IP address of your system)
>
> Questions:
>
> What version of FreeBSD?

I know for certain this was working on an early December 2.2-current.

> What version of WordPerfect?

The 6.0 demo.

> I had no luck with FreeBSD 2.1.  I booted a -current kernel and got
> through the install without problems but I haven't been able to get the
> *#$&@*& license server to run and WordPerfect won't run without the
> license server.  Various part of the package that can be run
> independently (eg the drawing program) seem to work fine.

Er, I recall you posting a while back that you were having problems with
the license manager truncating your hostname, but that you got past that.
However I never heard anything more from you on that, so I just
assumed that you had it working.

> BTW, this is genuine licensed version, NOT the demo.

Does the license manager actually start and run?  (You may not need the
license server per se. if you're running on the machine the license is
for.)  Do you still have the URL for the license manager vendor that you
posted a while back?

> -john

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[