Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:53:41 -0600
From:      "Juan Kuuse" <kuuse@quik.guate.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Terminal staircase effect

When I try to access a remote AIX system via telnet in FreeBSD3.0-R,
everything works fine until I try to edit files using vi.
A message, ANSI80X25 TERMINAL UNKNOWN appears, and the text appears as a
staircase.
Doing the same, using NTs telnet from the same box works without staircase.
I think I must reconfigure the terminal to 80X24, but I'm not sure I must,
and I definitely don't know how.
Anyone's got a suggestion?

/Juan Kuuse