Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:49:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Blake <blake@sba.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.0 can't find CD-ROM

I recently aquired an older Gateway "2000" pc with a pentium
processor (100 Mhz), a Western digital 730 MB hard disk and
a 2x CD-ROM.  Here's the tricky part.

The CD-ROM is attatched to the motherboard at the "ISA IDE BUS"
which the bios calls the sencondary Hard Disk.  This is where the
problem begins...  The BIOS is really old and does not see that there is
a CD-ROM on that bus.  I have no idea how windowz found the CD-ROM
but I can't get FreeBSD 4.0 to install from this after I boot from
floppies...

Any suggestions?  Do I need to provied more info?

Any input appreciated.

Adam Michalak