Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:04:46 -0500
From:      "Asenchi" <asenchi@asenchi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ?: natd and ipfw

hello,

i am somewhat new at fbsd, and i am setting up a firewall for a network.  I
have a question about configuring three nics to handle dmz stuff along with
the internal network.

here is my setup:

INTERNET -> [oif=vr0 1.1.1.1] -> [iif1=xl0 10.10.0/24] -> NETWORK

		[iif2=rl0 10.10.1/24] -> DMZ (Webserver/Email/FTP)

Here is how my configuration is setup:

I have IPFW built into the kernel.  Right now I have built my own
rc.firewall file and am using that.  I also have natd running and enabled in
rc.conf.

I guess I don't know what else you would need, if you want me to send along
my configurations I can do that.

Here is my question.  How do I redirect incoming packets that want to go to
my website to my DMZ side of the network?  I have read about -redirect_port
/ -redirect_address but really don't understand how that will filter the
traffic.  I need to read a little more but thought maybe somebody on this
could give me some direction.

I guess I should simplify the question.  How do i route traffic that is
trying to reach my website?  How do I specify the correct traffic?  Can I
use a host name instead of an ip address in natd configurations?

Sorry if this is too much, I hope I have layed out my question so that you
can help me.  Please respond to the group with any direction you could give
me.

Thank you,

ASENCHI