Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 10:50:50 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 08:27:02 -0700
> From: Russell L. Carter <rcarter@geli.com>
> To: freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?
>
> |As Julian Elischer wrote:
> |>
> |> work on the price of the WS vs the Price of a good PC
                              ^^
AXP PCI 33 board costs approx 1100 USD with 166 mhz Alpha in the States
I guess: no much difference from PC taking in account the cost
of the really good peripherials you need to run UN*X + XFree.
$700 P9000 card with 4 megs of VRAM, ~$1150 for the 32 MEGS in
the 72pin SIMMs that qualify (say DEEEEEC ;-), SCSI devices, etc
Can you really say 100 Mhz 486 matches the performance? ;-)
AGL