Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:52:20 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Milestone

Kris,

> On the latest i386 4.x package build there were a total of 10000
> packages built.

Having recently had to rebuild all of my ~200 ports on my STABLE box and
having to frequently slog at configuring, building, installing and
packaging on other platforms, I hold to my long-held belief that the
FreeBSD ports system is one of the finest examples of software
engineering.

Thank you to all the porters, maintainers, committers and supporters for
their hard work.

This message has been brought to you by mutt-devel-1.5.6_3,
postfix-2.1.1,1 and the number 4.10.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |