Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:53:52 -0400
From:      "Bob Cohen" <bcohen@bpecreative.com>
Subject:   cd-rom won't work, book & web site unhelpful

I know this isn't the forum for questions but I have tried
subscribing to the questions mailing list and can't tell
whether it's taken.  Everytime I send in the authorization I
get a set of mail that consists of Majordomo results and
Confirmation for subscribe . . . .

Anyhow:

I just bought the 3.3 release and can't complete the
installation because BSD won't recognize my CD-ROM.  I've
got a Pentium system w/PCI, scsi hard disk, network card, us
robotics modem, and sound card.

The CD-ROM is connected to the bus via an OEM sound card
configured as a SB16.  The vanilla kernel doesn't work nor
does reconfiguring the kernel by hand by changing the IRQ
and port to match the settings reported to me by the Win95
System Resources Report.  I've also tried using the IRQ and
port for the sound card.  Neither works.  Any guidance would
be appreciated.  Would a DOS installation make more sense?
I'd hate to lose the CD-ROM capability.  Thanks.

Bob Cohen

b.p.e.Creative			Web Design and Production
P.O. Box 192			508.384.6054
Sheldonville, MA 02093		bcohen@bpecreative.com