Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:56:58 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, root@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: portbuild script failure? [was Re: Package building delay?]

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:50:22PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> 	Ok. Meanwhile, who's going to write the process monitoring script
> that gives off an alarm if the process dies for a week at a time? : ) I'll

We have some process monitoring already, but it's not very good
about handling this sort of problem.

> be glad to help if need be. Also, I think that only uploading the packages

Sure.  See ports/Tools/portbuild.

> once a week is probably not often enough. Is the problem manpower?

It's more than often enough.  The problem is bandwidth -- you're
asking us to upload *5+ GB* of data at once.  That's just too much
for mirrors to sync more than once a week.  People who desire the
absolute latest versions can consult directly with bento, or
better yet, the ports tree.

regards
--
wca