Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:26:33 +0100
From:      Sirko Zidlewitz <sz@bytecamp.net>
To:        dirk@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mod_php4.1.2 or 4.1.1 does not work as cgi or fastcgi

Hi,

since version 4.1.1 i do not manage to use php as cgi
with suexec (I modified the permission-checks from suexec),
4.0.6 works fine this way.

4.1.1 and 4.1.2 compile without any errors, but when
i try to open a page with <? phpinfo(); ?> or a simple
"Hello World" script the following error-message
appears:

Parse error: Parse error in /usr/local/bin/php on line 9038

Curious is, the same happens when I compile 4.1.2 for
use as fastcgi. Fastcgi itself works fine and is configured
correctly, but the same error-message appears here, too.

I tried to exclude all available modules and built a pure
php, but with the same result.

I use FreeBSD4.5 RELEASE with the following program versions:

iconv-2.0_1
libiconv-1.7_1
db3-3.2.9_3,1
mysql-client-3.23.49
autoconf213-2.13.000227_1
automake14-1.4.5
gettext-0.10.35_1
gmake-3.79.1
libtool-1.3.4_2
m4-1.4_1
pkgconfig-0.10.0
curl-7.9.2_1
gd-1.8.4_5
jpeg-6b_1
libungif-4.1.0b1
ming-0.2a
png-1.2.1
tiff-3.5.7
python-2.2_1
cclient-2001a,1
ucd-snmp-4.2.3_1
openldap-2.0.23
freetype2-2.0.8
pdflib-4.0.2
libmcrypt-2.4.18
mhash-0.8.13
expat-1.95.2
libxml2-2.4.16
Sablot-0.81
apache-1.3.23
XFree86-3.3.6_10
mod_php4-4.1.2

and I define WITHOUT_X11=yes on the commandline.

Any ideas?

I'am really panic, because we have some thousand customers,
and it's my job to make the servers secure...

--
Sirko Zidlewitz					.../7\...

Bytecamp GmbH i.G.  -  Magdburger Str. 15  -  14770 Brandenburg a.d. Havel
fon +49 3381 31 59 052 (Mo-Fr 13-17 Uhr)   -  fax +49 3381 33 58 018