Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 09:48:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   aha1542 patches to test

I've dropped a patch to i386/isa/aha1542.c in
"freebsd.org:~ftp/incoming/1542cp.diff". It supports the new 1542CP.

If you have any 1542 willing would you test the patch and let me
know if it works OK?  I know they are trivial but I still want them
tested before committing them.

It lets the driver work with the new 1542CP (plug 'n play) by
recognizing the revision, and should support any new revision boards
by assuming that if it looks like a new revision it probably is a
new revision.  There have been two failures I know of due to this
in recent weeks.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936