Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:16:01 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/sparc64 install document active in -CURRENT

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 07:55:56AM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > And a note that older OpenBoot versions do not support DHCP correctly
> > and that you should update your OpenBoot firmware if you have mysterios
> > DHCP problems cannot hurt, either.
>
> [snip]
>
> > PS: On second thought, make that a note that you should have the
> > most current version of the OpenBoot firmware, period.  Even if
> > some firmware updates (most notably those for the Netra T1 AC
> > 100/105) are only available for customers with a support contract.
>
> It sounds like you have more experience with this than I...I'd say
> either run it past some sparc64 developers or if if this is something
> obvious that doesn't need checking, go ahead and fix it.

I prefer to run it past the crowd on freebsd-sparc in any because
I do not know much basic stuff they want in the installation docs.
Right now, this kind of notice is probably not neccessary as anybody
who works with OpenBoot on a regular basis knows about the problems.

> (Ditto for the IP/Ethernet address thing in the BOOTP/DHCP section.)

Same one for this one.

/s/Udo
--
There's more than one way to skin a cat:
        Way number 32 -- Wrap it around a lonely frat man's pecker.