Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:14:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Sven Hazejager <sven@chain.demon.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on this Alpha board?

Hi,

I'm in the position to buy a used Alpha motherboard with 256MB RAM
and a 533 MHz CPU. It has 2MB cache, 2 ISA slots, 2 64-bit PCI slots and 2
32-bit PCI slots, so I *think* this is a PC164LX board. The seller says
the BIOS is version 5.60-3.

Now the question is: will 4.4-STABLE work on this board? Does it boot from
large, modern IDE disks (ie. a 40 GB one)?

Thanks,

Sven

If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
		-- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9