Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 22:17:17 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>
To:        Norbert Aschendorff <norbert.aschendorff@yahoo.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv4 vs. IPv6 Ethernet Performance

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Norbert Aschendorff
<norbert.aschendorff@yahoo.de> wrote:
> This confirms the FreeBSD IPv6 receive rate measured with Linux as
> sender (iperf client).

Hi,

Last time I've played with IPerf and IPV6 between my FreeBSD machines,
he didn't take care of the IPv6 Ethernet MTU (1480 and not 1500),
neither the IPv6 size header and send 1470 bytes datagrams in place of
1430 bytes datagrams: All my IPerf generated IPv6 packets were
fragmented, and this fragmentation reduce a lot's the throughput in
IPv6 mode.
Can you check if this problem was fixed ?

Regards,

Olivier