Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 22:20:51 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Of slices and boot code..

> >Would it be reasonable to assume that our current boot code will never
> >have a chance of dealing with the root partition via a "slice?"
>
> No, it wouldn't be reasonable.
>
> Bruce

Maybe I should have qualified that.. :-)

By "current boot code" I meant "not a 3 stage boot."  I was under the
impression that cramped space in the current set would preclude the
addition of slice-aware code to it.

If I was wrong about that, then all I can say is "great!  please, when!"

Thanks..

						Jordan