Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 07:29:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        MAFLAMAN@kenonic.com (Mark Flaman)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller

As I recall, the 2920 is a cheapy board renamed from a company that
Adaptec bought (Future Domain?), I don't think there's a driver for
it.

If you just want a cheap SCSI card for your CD-ROM, then the Symbios
810 is probably your best choice. I don't have one, but it's often
recommended here. It has no bios, so you can't boot from it, but that
shouldn't matter.

You can get it on the net for about $70. I think TC Computer's has the
ASUS SC-200 (which is the 810) for about that.

I've no affliation with TC Computer's, and in fact never ordered from
them.

I bought a 2940U, and am happy with it, but it's ~$180 (no kit).

Paul.

--
I hear there's some exciting developments in rubber squeak toys! - The Tick