Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 19:21:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Moseler <mike@inlink.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   BusLogic 946C PCI

We just got a BusLogic 946C PCI card in and put it in our server (ASUS)
which is running FreeBSD 2.1.0 RELEASE.  It ran really great until about 30
minutes later when the system crashed.  We put an ISA Adaptec in there when
it crashed.  It was giving us errors about unable to talk to the buslogic
card or something of that sort.  My question is, did they fix anything in
the driver for this card in the newer code?  How hard would it be for me to
upgrade to a stable driver?  Would it involve recompiling the entire OS?  Is
this driver even stable enough for a server that needs really good reliability?

Mike