Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 1995 08:13:54 +0200 (USAST)
From:      radova@risc6.unisa.ac.za (A. Radovanovic)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring a router - advice needed

May be that this is not a right question for this group, but I have a
FreeBSD system and a router on my site. As I am confused with so many
RFCs, I'll appreciate it if somebody could help me.

I have a router with 3 WAN ports which I want to connect to 4 different
networks. I am using the 4-th port as a connection to my provider.

Can I place all 3 ports on the same subnet, created for the WANs only as
a part of my class C address? E.G.

WAN My site    Remote site
1   x.x.x.1    x.x.x.2
2   x.x.x.3    x.x.x.4
3   x.x.x.5    x.x.x.6

Or, is it better to force the remote side subnetting and use 3 different
networks IPs?

Regards, Alex
radova@risc6.unisa.ac.za