Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:26:45 +1000
From:      Patrick Collins <normalbloke@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maximum Number of USB Mass Storage Devices

I have a requirement to connect a large number of USB bus powered external
hard disks to a FreeBSD 8.0 system. I am talking about hundreds of them. I
am aware of the power and bus limitations and intend to use power hubs and
multiple server USB ports to overcome this issue. My question is this:

Does FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE have an operating system limitation on the number
of USB storage devices I can connect and mount.

Thanks.

Patrick Collins