Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:38:24 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and Linux "raw" sockets different?

Hi,

I'm trying to port a useful network diag tool to FreeBSD-2.2.x, `mtr'
(see http://www.mkimball.org/mtr.html). mtr-0.17 works fine
on my collegue's Linux where I saw it today.

Got a problem due to some differences between the ways
how Linux and FreeBSD "raw" sockets work.  Here is what
the `mtr' author responded to my question; anyone cares to help
me finding the difference and making a port?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andrew Stesin

nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE