Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 00:01:25 +0300
From:      Alex Popa <razor@ldc.ro>
To:        Steve Watt <steve@Watt.COM>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports symlink disappears

Hello.

You might want to read the ports-supfile a bit more carefully...
Here is the relevant part (I think):

# prefix=/usr
#               This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#               setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#               in "/usr/ports" (e.g., "/usr/ports/devel", "/usr/ports/lang").
#               The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

So have a line like "*default prefix=/local", anj just keep the link there.

This way, cvsup should update the source where ypu want it, and you can use
the /usr/ports link to feel comfortable.

HTH
	Alex