Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 18:30:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gene Stark <gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu>
To:        polstra.com!jdp@bsd7.cs.sunysb.edu
Cc:        freebsd.org!hackers@bsd7.cs.sunysb.edu
Subject:   Re: SUP on sup.freebsd.org

>As to the "*GIANT*, *BLOATED* language subsystem," you are out of
>date on that.  The current CVSup package (the one from the packages

Well, sorry, but I have in fact built the Modula 3 distribution,
and IMHO it is extremely large, rivaling, if not surpassing, GNU CC
in bloat.

>collection, not the static binary release which is completely
>stand-alone) depends only on the "modula-3-lib" package, whose
>tarball is < 1 MB and which occupies 3.2 MB when fully installed.

>BTW, if you think 3.2 MB is still too giant and bloated, well,
>welcome to the 1980's, Bubba.  ;-)

Yes, I do, as a drop-in replacement for something that was under 60K.
I understand that it has a GUI and all sorts of functionality, but I still
think it is large and bloated.  Just my opinion.

							- Gene Stark