Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:43:40 -0600
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>,  FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "re@FreeBSD.org" <re@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: OpenSSL 1.1.1 libssl.so version number

Not necessarily 12. ports/openssl111 should have the same ABI as HEAD so th=
ey should share the same version number. The fact that openssl111 in HEAD a=
nd openssl 1.0.2 in ports share the same version number but do not share th=
e same ABI is the problem.

---
Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.

Cy Schubert
<Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> or <cy@freebsd.org>
---