Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:38:03 -0700
From:      Ed Flecko <edflecko@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should a "squid" user have a shell?

Thank you Jerry.

The only reason I'm not using the squid port is because I found a
website ( http://teklimbu.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/enterprise-freebsd-squid-proxy-server/
) that has detailed instructions on installing squid for an Enterprise
environment claiming the performance is very good.

Since I'm new to using squid and using squid on FreeBSD, I'm simply
trying to duplicate his setup. It's quite possible that I could
achieve the same performance results from using the port install of
squid...but maybe I wouldn't.

:-)

Ed