Date:      Wed, 08 Jun 2011 01:37:10 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/DEV300_m99 fails to build on -CURRENT r222407

> I see Makefile
> 	DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS
> &
> 	--enable-hids	# Not pursued to see what that does yet.
> &
> 	files/Makefile.knobs
> 	.if defined(WITH_DEBUG)
> 	make -DWITH_DEBUG
> so on another host I've queued
> 	cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3
> 	make clean	# NOCLEANDEPENDS=YES to avoid rm of weeks of compiles
> 	source `which unsetenv.csh`
> 	make -DWITH_DEBUG -DDISABLE_MAKE_JOBS=YES

That broke with

] Entering /usr1/release/8.2-RELEASE/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/sw/util
] sw deliver
] 1 module(s):
]         slideshow
] need(s) to be rebuilt
] Reason(s):
] ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr1/release/8.2-RELEASE/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine
] Attention: if you fix the errors in above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command:
]         build --from slideshow
] *** Error code 1
] Stop in /usr1/release/8.2-RELEASE/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.

> If none of the above get decent error messages or a compile, perhaps
> t will be appropriate to ask open office generic source people to
> please make their error reporter a few decades more more modern ;-)
> 	( 1977 was last time I remember regularly seeing numeric
> 	error messages on weak hardware desperate to save space.

& openffice still excreted numeric error numbers.

/usr/ports/openofice3/Makefile needs this added:

 BROKEN="Usually broken in various ways. Numeric error messages not helpful."

I've only ever once seen openoffice compile, though I build & install
lots of software localy each release, & never download packages
	cd /var/db/pkg ; ls -1 | wc -l # 974

As the standard port/ does Not work in a standard clean chroot built
from release src/, editors/openoffice.org-3 is Broken & should be marked so.

Trying openoffice.org-3-devel in a chroot with extra debug flags
might possibly work, but after so many failures little motivaton to try.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.