Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:23:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Cummings <mook@drizzle.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can U help me?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Doug Young wrote:

> I knew someone would chip in with stuff like that :) .... really dunno why
> people need to clutter their desktop with all that rubbish anyway but I
> guess its supposed to be a free country (both OZ and yankeeland) Maybe
> these boy-wonders just wish to make their system look like WinWhatever
> ..... wall to wall icons !!!!!

In fairness, most of these themes don't really add icons or other stuff,
they just change color schemes, sometimes window frames, and maybe add a
background graphic (or terminal background). The themes vary a lot in
their complexity. I, too, dislike "busy" themes, but there are some fairly
simple and elegant themes there, too. Some semi-pornographic ones for
those with active glands, too (being an ancient 30-something, I don;t have
this problem anymore).