Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:39:57 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
Cc:        "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

Hi,

> Asus about IOAPIC:
>
> Current Pentium Pro CPU Cards only support PIIX3 SMI so leave JP5 on default
> settings (don't swith to APIC SMI) until future update ...
what is J5 described to do?  we have several people using this board with
APIC_IO enabled, so I know its possible.

---
> bytebench runing dhrstone2 without register var. src: dhry_1.c and dhry_2.c
> with undef REG
I don't know anything about this program and don't have time right now to
research it so I will defer to others on this question.

---
> This is mptable output:
>
> MPTable, version 2.0.4
>
> --
> Processors:	APIC ID	Version	State		Family	Model	Step	Flags
> 		 1	 0x11	 BSP, usable	 6	 1	 6	 0xfbff
> 		 0	 0x11	 AP, usable	 6	 1	 7	 0xfbff
>
> I/O APICs:	APIC ID	Version	State		Address
> 		 2	 0x11	 usable		 0xfec00000
>
> --

is this area really missing or did you truncate the output?  there should be
a long list of INTerrupt associations here!!!

> --
> Local Ints:	Type	Polarity    Trigger	Bus ID	 IRQ	APIC ID	INT#
> 		ExtINT	active-hi        edge	     3	   0	    255	   0
> 		NMI	active-hi        edge	     3	   0	    255	   1
>

> options		SMP			# Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
> #options		APIC_IO			# Symmetric (APIC) I/O
> options		NCPU=2			# number of CPUs
> options		NBUS=4			# number of busses
> options		NAPIC=1			# number of IO APICs
> options		NINTR=16		# number of INTs

note that while answering this letter another mailing came in from the same
site with more detail on some of the above issues so I will continue
this with an answer to that mailing.  I will be refering to the above
mptable line showing "NINTR=16" in it...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD