Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:05:53 -0800
From:      "David Smithson" <david-s@foundation-i.com>
To:        "Justin P. Michel" <justinmichel@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Error mailing to list!

Reverse lookup tables are controlled by the owner of your subnet block.  =
If you have a DSL or Cable, reverse lookup tables are controlled by your =
ISP.  You will have to call your ISP and have them make the changes you =
need.  For instance, if your forward lookup tables have:

your.domain.com  ###.###.###.###

then you need to have a corresponding reverse DNS entry like:

###.###.###.### your.domain.com

It's a little more complicated than that depending on your particular =
situation.  It will be especially troubling to get the operator at your =
ISP to understand what you are talking about.  *sigh*  Let me know if =
you need any help.  I have setup two nameservers using NetBSD for our =
entire class C subnet that are authoritative over our forward AND =
reverse zones.

-- David