Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:48:30 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   iwn logging "need promiscuous mode update callback"

Some time around two months ago I started seeing the message "iwn0: need
promiscuous mode update callback" logged every time promiscuous mode was
either enabled or disabled. Things still seem to work OK.

System is normally built from source and updated about once a month.
FreeBSD rogue 11.0-STABLE FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE #0 r311919: Wed Jan 11
09:35:06 PST 2017     root@rogue:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.4BSD  amd64

Added oddness... the message is often split into two log entries:
Jan 15 09:41:13 rogue kernel: iwn0:
Jan 15 09:41:13 rogue kernel: wlan0: promiscuous mode disabled
Jan 15 09:41:13 rogue kernel: need promiscuous mode update callback
I don't see how this is even possible as I always thought syslog messages
were atomic. Guess not.

Again, this is not causing problems that I am aware of, but is a bit
disturbing.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com