Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:38:06 -0500
From:      Frank Laszlo <nez@freebsdmatrix.net>
To:        Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>, FreeBSD ISP <FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: httpodbc.dll

on 11/1/01 6:32 PM, Jan Knepper used the force from jan@digitaldaemon.com:

> Just found that httpodbc.dll is now being utilized, I guess by an other
> IIS worm.
> Any news on this I missed again?
>=20
> I finally got my net-block-owner detection build into firebird.
> http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/firebird/
>=20
> Jan
>=20
This is a new Strain of the Nimda worm, I believe its Nimda.E worm.. You ca=
find info on it here
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7720534.html?tag=3Dnbs
no real effect on Apache servers (as usual)

Frank Laszlo, System's Engineer
nez@freebsdmatrix.net

| =80 Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today?"     |
| =80 Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow?"         |
| =80 FreeBSD: "Hey, when are you guys going to catch up?"  |