Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:50:32 -0400
From:      Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf@gmail.com>
To:        Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: Dtrace on PowerPC

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>wrote:

> Hi Justin!
>

> On 10.10.12 01:08, Justin Hibbits wrote:
>
>> After a few days of development, and a few weeks of testing, here's
>> Dtrace on PowerPC.  There is only one known issue that I know of so
>> far: dtruss kernel panics through an assertion.  I have to investigate
>> this some more, but some dtrace -n "<probe>" testing works.
>>

> Cool!!!
>
> Three things, I have not tested this code yet but I did look over it.
>
> - powerpc64 support is not yet complete, right?

Nope, ppc64 is not complete.  It shouldn't be too much more work, though.

> - sys/cddl/dev/dtrace/powerpc/**dtrace_asm.S and
> sys/cddl/dev/dtrace/powerpc/**dtrace_subr.c have some mips leftovers or
> are they intentional? ($FreeBSD, _FBSDID)

 I believe these should change when actually committed (didn't set the svn
property when adding the code yet).

- what is the hid.h include for in sys/powerpc/aim/locore32.S?

This is from another task I've been working on for something else.  I'll
remember to remove it when doing the actual commit.

> I'll try to give it a run in the next days.
>
> Thanks a lot for this work!
>
> Andreas

Thanks for (future) testing.

- Justin