Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:33:47 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Langa Kentane' <evablunted@earthling.net>, FreeBSD <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Squid startup problems

Yes, you may need to create the log file.  But you may want to check 2
thing.
1. Who owns /usr/local/squid/logs?
2. Who owns /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log (if it exists)?

Once you've checked these, see if squid is changing it's effective user id
to something other than root.  Usually it changes to nobody/nogroup

If it is you'll need to chown the dir and file(s) so that squid can access
them.

-Chris