Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:31:09 -0400
From:      "Bart Silverstrim" <bsilver@sosbbs.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ftpd patching

I recently read of the ftp exploit in FreeBSD 4.2's ftpd; I tried
downloading and installing the patch as described from the advisories off
freebsd.org's site, but I get an error during the compiling of glob.c saying
that some variables haven't been previously declared (GLOB_MAXLENGTH and one
other one).  Anyone else encounter this?  Am I missing something in the
update information?  I was using the 4.x patch on a 4.2 system...

Thanks,

-Bart