Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 03:32:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/lang/expect/scripts configure

 * I would suggest that the correct and proper direction from here is to
 * improve the efficiency of the hack, since it's producing the correct
 * results.  To start doing the wrong thing in order to go faster would
 * be a step backward.

Well please do that then.  Your adding DEPENDS for the ports that
required only headers was a huge mistake though, I was wondering why
in hell it was recompiling tcl and tk when I was building expect.

My hack is a real waste of space (although much less of a waste of
time) because it still extracts the whole tcl/tk.  I suggest you
make them extract only the required headers only in the current port's
work/ directory.  That way it won't require extra megabytes and will
also disappear at at "make clean" in the current port.

Satoshi