Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:08:27 +0000
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <reichman@twcny.rr.com>
To:        "Galle, Dietmar" <Dietmar.Galle@framfab.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SB16 Vibra and FreeBSD 4.0

If you have the non-pnp version of the vibra 16 (I do..)
put this in your kernel config and recompile your kernel
and reboot.

device pcm0 at isa? port?      irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Look at the devices as the machine boots up ..or..
after bootup look at the output of dmesg command.

If you have a pcm1 device (I do..) in the dmesg output,
change to /dev directory and do a:

$> ./MAKEDEV snd1

Alternatively, if you have a pcm0 device you should ./MAKEDEV snd0. (I
think..)
If you dont know what to do, just make both snd0 and snd1 in /dev. (I
did..)

If you have a PNP vibra16 sound card then just add the following to
your kernel config, recompile, and follow the rest of the directions
above for snd1 or snd0.

device pcm
device sbc

If none of this works for you, then issue the following commands and
read
the man pages.

man pcm
man sbc