Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:06:23 -0400
From:      Greg Skouby <gskouby@sitesnow.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: source routing (again)

Alright, let me break it down like this.

192.168.1.1 is the gateway address. In my network
I can get to it through fxp0 and fxp1. However,
out fxp1 is a firewall/bridge that also does content filtering.
If the user has signed up for that filtered access I need
to assign him a certain IP (I figured that part out) and
route his/her traffic out fxp1, through the filtering bridge and
to 192.168.1.1. If the user doesn't want filtered access I need
to assign an IP out of a different block and route out of fxp0 to
192.168.1.1. That is why I need to be able to specify which interface,
not just which next hop for the packet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.