Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:18:23 +0100
From:      arden <arden@nildram.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   package managment

hi all

I'm just getting to know my way round BSD now Ive got my box running and
am happy with it i want to make it more useful.

on my Linux boxes i set up ftp sources of applications (most of which i
now keep a local copy.) and then just ask the package management tool to
install it as long as all the deps are in my list it then dose it all
for me.

I'm guessing this is similar in bsd ?

1st question is, is there a list somewhere of available sites

2nd is how do i point my box at them

3rd what is the command to tell it to install them

thanks in advance

arden