Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:52:06 -0600
From:      Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wats so special about freeBSD?

> > ROFL!!!  I'm sorry, I realize this you were serious here, but when I read
> > I almost did fall down laughing.  This part just kills me :
> >
> >  "if you want to install a secure system and don't know what you're doing
> > ..."
>
> Keep right on laughing, while thinking about the staff of "IT Professionals"
> installing and maintaing the internet gateway at your bank, your city gov't,
> and your local utilities.  It is not a laughing matter.

Yeah. I'm almost to the point where I advocate we start cracking systems
to prove the point. Government f*'s up too many times already because of
human frailty and greed to leave them the excuse of outside influences
to skate on, but they won't budge unless we scare their pants off. I
have a couple of friends in Ukraine who cut their teeth on cracking (at
15!!!) and one now writes for TechRepublic on the subject (Alex
Prohorenko). I hate to say it, but some of the techniques he describes
will (if successful) likely blast holes in a BSD system too.

--
Donald Wilde                        "Linking Minds and Micros"