Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:46:26 +0200 (EET)
From:      Domas Mituzas <midom@delfi.lt>
To:        Matiss Elsbergs <matiss@bkc.lv>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Jail quota

Hi there,

> Hello there, fellow owners of all system processes,
> I believe, that this question has been discussed, and not once.
> But - here it goes again..
> How to limit disk usage, when running jail environment?
> Do I need to setup an user x, set a quota for him, and run a jail as this
> user?
> Are there any other ways?
> rgds, Matis

actually in normal file system quotas are mapped to user ID's. In order to
have separate quotas for jails, you should:

a) Either to have separate vnode based file system for each jail.
b) Try to find jailfs extension to nullfs (some guy on IRC told he
developed it :) Then you'd be able to have separate quotas for distinct
parts of one filesystem.
c) Have different uid spaces for each jail (10000-10999,11000-11999,...)
and set quotas from master system.

Regards,
Domas Mituzas
DELFI Internet, UAB